Friday, June 4, 2010

Mom always said, "we'll cross that bridge when we get there."

and I have always been pro at trying to cross it before I get there.

An imaginary lady bug
crawls up my arm
and the grass tickles my ankles
as i listen to music
lone- ily
thinking of you
and avoiding the mind's eye view i have
of bridges i may not cross

London bridge is falling down
and i use tooth picks
to hold it up from far out at sea.
I squint to get the perspective just right,
but what is wrong with my perspective is me.

*second poem... inspired by the numerous break up songs played at Acoustic Explosion.

Don't let every moment hold another break up
between you and life.
hold onto your love of life
and let others love you.
Asymmetry
A-synchronicity
and Imperfection
may be a little off balance,
but with a tip of your hat
and a tilt of the head
you can see their beauty.
see Your beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment