Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Nighttime thoughts

I need to stop thinking my deepest thoughts at night.
I am sinking ever deeper into darkness; forgetting light.
I come full circle starting again where I begun.
Now paving the trail I blazed before, I try to color in the lines.
It's hard to retrace thoughts that made no sense the first few times.
I hope to fall off the path and into sleep's welcoming arms.
I'd much prefer sweet fiction from my dreams
to this middle state where I can't distinguish reality from how things seem.
I wish I could see the truth through the confusion in my heart and head.

I don't remember when I wrote this. I just found it in a notebook of mine with all sorts of doodles, lists and poems. This is so very true of my life though, because I always try to think through important and confusing things at night when I really don't have a clear perspective of things.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes thinking is the whole problem. And that's ME saying that, yo?

    ReplyDelete