Friday, November 19, 2010

Seed

Oh, my plant class has truly gotten to me I think. Lots of it is rather boring, but lots of it is cool. I love wandering around my town identifying trees and marveling at fall colors and the creations of God. As I usually write a poem or two when procrastinating papers, I wrote this one, a bit inspired by seed dissections and glowing, glorious sunlight filtering through golden autumn leaves.



The seeds of relationships are sown,
results unknown
and one begins to sprout.
It breaks free of the shell that kept it safe
in times of strife and harder days,
because it couldn't grow inside the walls of self for all time.
It sought more from the world-
in fresh air and spirit-lifting sunny rays.
With faith it looked to light and sky and deep horizons,
envisioning growth as a means to see a better, fuller view of life.
Without reaching, strong in courage,
it would never flower and achieve its greatest potential,
being all it could be as a loving family tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment