Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Living independently of life...

It's quite paradoxical- living independently of life. Cloistering myself off from friends and nature to put my nose in a book, I am studying life instead of living it. Do I really want to sacrifice relationships for A's? Do I want to sacrifice my emotional well being for my intelligence? I think I would rather live a simpler life full of love than one where I make my head grow, but allow my heart to shrink. I want to hug lots of people instead of holding my head in my hands as I try to make my brain memorize more. Right now I want to actually take on the mountains instead of learning about mountain ecosystems and human body systems. I want to live on my best friends' couch, playing guitar, writing poetry and sleeping in after long, late night movie marathons and life discussions. I want to go on a long walk to nowhere and leave bits of my soul everywhere, replacing me with everything I see, smell, touch, taste, hear, and remember to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment